PHP at Windmoor Healthcare is a weekday program that can help adults, 18 and older, create lasting positive changes. Trusted mental health professionals teach you coping methods that optimize your long-term mental health.
PHP Mental Health Services: Why Choose Us?
Partial hospitalization can help people with moderate mental health symptoms gain control and possibly avoid hospitalization. If you were recently discharged, it can help you build on what you’ve learned during your hospital stay and apply new skills to everyday life.
Highlights of our program include:
- Highly skilled staff: You receive services from mental health professionals. Licensed mental health counselors, licensed social workers and registered nurses lead therapy groups. A psychiatrist oversees medications you may need and ensures they are appropriate.
- Dual diagnosis services: Substance use disorder combined with a mental health illness can complicate recovery. But we help you get more out of PHP mental health services. We teach you how to manage cravings, understand triggers and prevent relapses. Learn more about dual diagnosis.
- Easy access: PHP has rolling admissions. You join the program when you are ready, so you don’t have to wait for a new session. We admit new patients on weekdays. Our staff and fellow participants create a warm, welcoming environment, making it easier to focus on your goals. To schedule an intake assessment, call 727-541-2646 ext. 1137.
- Continuum of care: We have services supporting every stage of your mental health journey. After completing PHP, our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) provides additional assistance as you return to daily life.
Personalized Partial Hospitalization Programming
Group therapy is an essential part of PHP mental health services, where you learn skills and coping methods. You learn from the experiences of other group members, and they learn from yours. Our flexible approach enables us to quickly shift gears, adding new therapy topics as necessary.
You participate in five group therapy sessions per day. Topics may include:
- Boundary setting
- Family issues
- Healthy life skills
- Learning about your diagnosis
- Loss and grief
Coping methods we teach during group therapy include:
- Anger management
- Crisis and stress management
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Pain management
- Positivity training
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques
- Support system development
More Information About Dual Diagnosis PHP Services
People seeking PHP for dual diagnosis (substance use and mental illness) participate in therapy groups focused on their needs. We start by explaining how substance use affects mental health and how maintaining sobriety can help.
Additional group therapy topics may include:
- Learning your triggers and how to avoid them, if possible
- Managing cravings
- Preventing relapse
- Treating withdrawal symptoms
- Using medication effectively
Mental Health and Substance Use Conditions We Treat
You may benefit from our Partial Hospitalization Program if mental illness affects your daily life. Moderate symptoms may interfere with your ability to go to school or work. Your relationships may be strained, and you may have difficulty in social situations.
We frequently assist people who have an underlying diagnosis of:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Self-harm or thoughts of suicide
- Substance use disorder
We’re Here to Help
Call 727-322-7222 or contact us to get help now. Admissions representatives are available 24/7 to provide no-cost, confidential assessments. If there is a mental health crisis, please call 988 or go to the nearest emergency room.