The intensive outpatient program (IOP) at Windmoor Healthcare provides part-time, intensive therapy to adults 18 and older. Our highly skilled staff can help you adopt and practice healthy coping skills that sustain long-term recovery.
IOP Mental Health: Why Choose Us?
You receive services from licensed mental health providers who want to see you succeed. Our IOP enables you to apply skills and coping methods you learn in therapy to your daily life. This approach gives you experience processing real-world challenges and triggers before completing treatment.
Highlights of our program include:
- More of the support you need: We offer more programming than traditional IOPs. Instead of three hours a day of group therapies, we offer five. These additional sessions enable you to build and strengthen the skills necessary for long-term mental well-being.
- Skilled staff: You participate in group therapy led by licensed mental health counselors, licensed social workers and registered nurses. They help you feel at ease so you can get more out of each session. If you take medications, a psychiatrist monitors your response and tailors the type and dose to your needs.
- Easy access: One phone call is often all it takes to get started in our IOP mental health program. We have rolling admissions, so you can join at any time. Take the next step by scheduling an intake assessment. Reach us by calling 727-541-2646 ext. 1137.
- Dual diagnosis IOP: People experiencing mental illness and a substance use disorder receive care that addresses both concerns. We teach you how mental illness can fuel addiction and why maintaining sobriety is essential. You also have access to a range of group therapies that can help you cope with addiction recovery and mental health challenges.
IOP Program Group Therapy
Our group format enables you to benefit from the experiences of other patients who are going through some of the same things. They can also learn from what you have to say.
Group therapy topics
Common IOP mental health topics we cover include:
- Crisis and stress management
- Decision-making and problem-solving
- Healthy life skills
- Loss and grief
- Positivity training
- Relaxation and mindfulness techniques
Focus on healthy relationships and communication
Additional sessions about relationships and communication may involve:
- Boundary setting
- Co-dependency and how to detect it
- Family issues
- Healthy relationships
- Support systems and how to build one
Dual diagnosis group therapy
Special group therapy offerings for patients with a dual diagnosis include:
- Learning about other addictive behaviors and how to avoid them
- Managing triggers and cravings
- Interviewing techniques that may help you uncover your motivation to heal
- Preventing relapse through healthy coping strategies
- Treating withdrawal symptoms with medications and other methods
Mental Health and Substance Use Conditions We Treat
Our IOP program may be right for you if you are recovering from a severe mental health or substance use episode where your symptoms are typically less bothersome, but you need help transitioning to your routine.
We frequently assist people dealing with:
- Exposure to a traumatic event
- Lack of support system
- Substance use and other addictive behaviors
We’re Here to Help
Call 727-322-7222 or contact us to get help now. Admissions representatives are available 24/7 to provide no-cost, confidential assessments. If there is a mental health crisis, please call 988 or go to the nearest emergency room.